Saturday, May 30, 2020

Cocoon's caress

A very hungry caterpillar, that’s what I was
My little world, I roamed without pause.
Such a world of plenty, a world of joys
Thriving, fattening, so what if it cloys?

And then one day, the powers-that-be
Came to light and said to me:
It’s now time to stop your play
Keep to yourself, hide away
Spin yourself a littler world
Want not a jot, stay withheld
All for your good, all for the best
Consider this time to renew, to rest.


So here I lie:  so still, so quiet
Breathe the calm. No fuss, no fret.
My physical self, cocoon-bound
But the mind, it soars with aplomb.
Times of feasting, the old way
Seem so distant, fade away.
I thrive anew, in cocoon’s caress
Nourish my soul, I learn afresh.

I know one day, when time is ripe
I’ll wake to the new world outside
As a beautiful butterfly.


No comments:

Post a Comment